Stephen Kirkpatrick

Thursday, December 1, 2011

In-flight Movie





Boarding the plane headed back to Mississippi from California, I was already dreading what I thought would be a boring, four and a half hour flight. Fortunately, we took off at noon, and from my seat behind the wing, I had a clear view of the changing landscape below. I decided to shoot the sights below from Sacramento headed east.


 Above the Fog
 Sacramento, California

I had a few of obstacles to overcome:


1)  I was using a point-and-shoot camera
2)  We were 37,000 feet in the air
3)  I was shooting through a scratched plastic window in front of outside glass
4)  We were going 600 mph
5)  The heat wash from the engine under the wing caused some blur


Below are a few of the results, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome, which made my unplanned, overnight stay at an airport hotel in Atlanta a bit more bearable.




Lake Tahoe, California




Great Basin, Nevada




Lake Powell, Utah




Monument Valley, Arizona




Mesa Canyons -
 Navajo Reservation, Arizona




Heron Reservoir, New Mexico




San Antonio Mountain, New Mexico




Clouds over Texas Panhandle




Star Lake near Webbers Falls Reservoir, Oklahoma




Sunset Clouds over Arkansas




Last Light on Delta Flight 320



(all photos taken with Nikon P7000)

No comments:

Post a Comment