Stephen Kirkpatrick

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Day The World Stopped Turning

On September 11, 2001, I was on board a Delta flight from Atlanta to Toronto, headed to a press check for my sixth book, Wilder Mississippi (2001). Just before the plane took off, we were ordered to proceed back to the gate and deplane immediately. Standing in front of a TV monitor in the Atlanta airport, I watched with grief and horror as the Twin Towers fell.  
To all who lost loved ones on that day, my sincere and heartfelt prayers are sent your way on this painful anniversary.                                                                                                                               
During the darkest hours of my own life, I have found solace and peace in nature. Today, I hope to share a little of that tranquility in these photos from Wilder Mississippi. Every time I flip through its pages, I’m reminded that the world can change in an instant, but creation remains a constant comfort.  




No comments:

Post a Comment